Walks / Thematic trails / Hikes
80 km of maintained hiking trails adapted to all hikers and starting from the center of the village.
Natural sites and visits
- Ascent by cable car to the summit of the aiguille du midi : At 3842m, the Aiguille du Midi offers a 360° viewpoint over the French, Swiss and Italian Alps.
- Mer de Glace (1913 m) : Ascent with the Montenvers rack and pinion railway; visit of the ice cave, cristal gallery and alpine fauna museum.
- Discover the botanical path in the Aiguille Rouges Natural Reserve with its chalet laboratory
- Berard waterfall trail
- Easy hike along the old "stagecoaches way" > sentier des diligences
- Visit of the Emosson dam http://www.emosson.ch with its beautiful lake and its site of dinosaur footprints
The Aiguille de Midi: “Step into the Void is a glass room built around a metal frame. Three glass walls, floor and ceiling panels, allow visitors to control their vertigo and experience 1035 meters of space under their feet in total safety! Admire the views from a dramatic perspective! Anyone with vertigo can step in, assured.